NEWPORT (CBSLA) – A 27-year-old man accused of killing his parents and their housekeeper in their home in an upscale Newport Beach community reportedly lived with the bodies for several days before turning himself in to police.,Camden Burton Nicholson was booked on suspicion of committing the triple murder last month, according to Heather Rangel of the Newport Beach Police Department.,RELATED: Coroner IDs Victims In Newport Beach Triple-Murder

Newport Beach police performed a welfare check on Feb. 13 at 36 Palazzo, according to Rangel.,Prosecutors allege Camden Nicholson killed his parents inside the home on Feb. 11 and, a day later, killed Morse when she arrived at the house, according to The Los Angeles Times.,Camden Nicholson turned himself in at a hospital in Irvine on Feb. 13. read more

In February 2018, Sheriff Amos joined the Epidemic Intelligence Council, formed by Orange County Social Services, which includes local and state agencies along with local news media and health care providers.,The Council was formed for information sharing, education and collaboration concerning the opioid epidemic.,Over the last 3 years, the Sheriff’s Office has been awarded grants for Naloxone injectors to help save the lives of opioid-related overdoses, giving victims another chance for sobriety.,In the last four years, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office began partnerships with the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force, the DEA and Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office.,This combination of local and federal resources works together to identify, target, arrest and convict individuals and organizations responsible for distributing and/or manufacturing illegal narcotics.

NORTHRIDGE — The coroner’s office on Monday released the names of both people killed in a two-car crash in Northridge that left four other people injured.,The driver was Stephen Hook, 61, of the Sherwood Forest neighborhood of Northridge and his passenger, Meredith Smith, 62, of Lancaster, according to the coroner’s office.,Hook died at a local hospital.,The other car, described as a sedan, was occupied by four adults.,The driver and front passenger were briefly trapped in the wreckage and were taken to a hospital in critical condition, while two rear passengers were hospitalized in serious condition, Humphrey said.

Police searched for suspects Sunday in a shooting that killed three men and injured four during a brawl at a popular Los Angeles-area bowling alley and karaoke bar.,Friends and family members of the victims held a candlelight vigil Saturday night in the parking lot of the bowling alley in southern Los Angeles County.,Dwayne Edwards, 60, of Los Angeles, said he received a call from his nephew that his 28-year-old son, Astin Edwards, was one of those killed.,A grieving mother told KABC-7 her 28-year-old son, Robert Meekins, died while trying to break up the fight.,Wes Hamad, a 29-year-old Torrance resident, said he was at the bowling alley with his 13-year-old niece and cousin when he saw a "huge fight" break out.

Nearly 50 dioceses and religious orders have publicly identified child-molesting priests in the wake of the Pennsylvania report issued in mid-August, and 55 more have announced plans to do the same over the next few months, the AP found.,The Pennsylvania investigation, led by state Attorney General Josh Shapiro, identified nearly 300 “predator priests” dating back seven decades and accused church leaders of covering up for the abuses, in some cases by returning priests to duty after short stays in treatment centers or reassigning them.,In the 16 years between the Boston scandal and the Pennsylvania investigation, only about 30 dioceses around the country had released lists of priests they deemed credibly accused of abuse.,In October, the pope accepted the resignation of Cardinal Donald Wuerl, archbishop of Washington, D.C., after he was accused in the report of mishandling some allegations of abuse against priests and others while bishop of Pittsburgh from 1988 to 2006.,In mid-December, she issued a blistering preliminary report saying a review of church files showed dioceses in Illinois had withheld the names of at least 500 clergy accused of sexually abusing children.

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Authorities have linked a suspect to a series of break-ins at celebrity homes in the Hollywood Hills over the past two years that resulted in the theft of millions of dollars’ worth of items.,At a news conference Wednesday morning, Los Angeles police announced the arrest of 32-year-old Benjamin Eitan Ackerman in connection with the burglaries of at least 13 homes starting in 2017.,“Ackerman targeted high-end celebrity homes that were for sale, or were being shown during open house appointments,” LAPD Capt. Cory Palka said Wednesday.,Ackerman’s arrest comes after four members of a suspected burglary ring were captured in October, also accused of targeting the homes of celebrities, including former Los Angeles Dodger Yasiel Puig, Rams receiver Robert Wood and singer Rihanna.,Two days prior, on Sept. 25, the Hollywood Hills home of singer Rihanna was broken into for the second time in a span of five months.

FARMINGTON (WFSB) - A group of thieves are fanning out across the country looking to steal identities - they’re known as the Felony Lane Gang and tonight, one local police department confirms they’re in Connecticut.,Three days later, Farmington police say this female suspect was caught on camera at a drive thru teller in New Rochelle, New York, trying to get cash from Rossi’s debit card.,A photo helped police recognize the female suspect woman as a member of the Felony Lane Gang.,Police say the gang from Fort Lauderdale have been going around the country stealing identities and because quick cash is not their main priority, their crimes can have lingering consequences on victims.,Police say thieves then pick the last lane at a bank drive-thru when they want to fraudulently cash checks and use debit cards because it’s furthest away from an actual teller.

A Christmas tree put up by a Redlands couple to remember the victims of a terrible car crash has been stolen.,The tree is meant as a memorial for a 12-year-old girl and her grandmother who were killed years ago.

(Jae C. Hong/AP) Cindy Boren Reporter covering sports, with an emphasis on politics and national stories

November 11 Andrew Whitworth, like plenty of people, heard the news about the shooting at Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, Calif., and badly wanted to do something.,The Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle, who lives in the community with his wife and four kids, is donating his game check this week to the victims and families of the shooting, which claimed 12 lives Thursday.,After the Rams beat the Seahawks Sunday and the Coliseum in Los Angeles, Whitworth elaborated on his decision to donate the check.,During their game Saturday at Staples Center, the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers wore T-shirts with “Enough” on the front and the names of the victims on the back.,Read more from The Post: It’s looking more and more like Le’Veon Bell won’t play this season NFL Week 10: Wildfires could affect games in Oakland, San Francisco and Los Angeles Injury-riddled Redskins and their ailing offense take on the Buccaneers College football winners and losers: Bedlam, Northwestern and a lot of chalk read more