The number of players in hard quarantine swelled to 72 ahead of the Australian Open after a fifth positive coronavirus test was returned from the charter flights bringing players, coaches, officials and media to Melbourne for the season-opening tennis major.,Australian Open organizers confirmed late Sunday that the latest case involved a passenger on the flight from Doha, Qatar to Melbourne who was not a member of the playing contingent, But all 58 passengers, including the 25 players, now cannot leave their hotel rooms for 14 days.,There were already 47 players, including Grand Slam winners, in hard quarantine after three positive tests were returned from a charter flight that arrived from Los Angeles and one on a flight that departed Abu Dhabi.,Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley said organizers and players were forewarned there’d be a “significant risk” of exta restrictions being imposed if there were positive COVID-19 cases.,Tiley said there were no plans to delay the Australian Open any further — it’s already starting three weeks later than usual — although organizers were reviewing the schedule for the warmup tournaments starting Feb. 1 to find ways to make it easier for those players in strict quarantine to prepare.

Because of their day-to-day experiences with traffic flow, crowd control and project management, arenas and stadiums proved practical as Covid-19 testing sites and food banks.,To help with dispensing, food centers were established by charities and organizations at stadiums nationwide.,Stadium parking lots in the spring and summer, filled in years past by tailgaters, staff and street vendors, instead became home to pop-up tents for Covid-19 testing.,Arenas and stadiums across the country opened their doors in the fall for an additional purpose: polling locations during the 2020 election cycle.,David Ortiz, public information officer for the LA City Fire Department, told CNN's Paul Vercammen that working with the Dodgers and using their stadium lot is a boon for the county's vaccination efforts.

Spector was best known for developing the music production technique called the "wall of sound," and was serving prison time for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson.,The California Department of Corrections has confirmed that music producer Phil Spector has died, he was 81-years-old.,Spector was responsible for some of the biggest chart toppers the music industry has ever seen, but his life came crashing down after the murder of actress Lana Clarkson in 2003, for which Spector was serving a prison sentence for her shooting death.,Spector's lawyer confirmed that date to The Associated Press, putting his age at death at 81, despite the California Department of Corrections' news release originally stating otherwise on Sunday.,During his long run as a music producer, Spector produced hits for The Beatles, Cher, John Prine, John Lennon, the Ramones, The Righteous Brothers, Curtis Lee and on and on.

A further 25 tennis players were forced into quarantine in Australia ahead of the season’s first tennis major after another positive coronavirus test on a charter flight, taking the total number of competitors isolating in hotel rooms to 72 on Sunday.The positive test came from a passenger who was not a member of the playing contingent, Australian Open organizers said.,But all 58 passengers, including the 25 players on the flight from Doha, Qatar that arrived in Melbourne on Saturday, now cannot leave their hotel rooms for two weeks.Organizers had previously announced that 47 players had to quarantine after four COVID-19 cases emerged from two other charter flights bringing players, staff, officials and media to Australia.Some players have expressed anger at being classified as close contacts merely for being on board those flights with people who later tested positive and, therefore, forced into a harsher quarantine than the broader group of players who’ll be allowed out of their rooms to practice for up to five hours per day.But local health authorities have said all players were warned of the risks in advance.,Those were among 17 charter flights from seven international destinations bringing up to 1,200 players, coaches, staff and officials into Australia for the tournament.Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley said organizers and players were forewarned there’d be a “significant risk” of restrictions being imposed on players if there were positive COVID-19 cases.,She posted the notification that she and others who were on the flight received informing them of the quarantine.Being unable to leave their room would mean the only workouts they’d be able to have would be on exercise equipment left in the rooms of all of the players.Other players will be allowed to train under strict conditions and with supervision, although those practice sessions in Melbourne had been delayed while health authorities waited to receive all the coronavirus tests.Five-time Australian Open finalist Andy Murray and American Madison Keys haven’t traveled to Australia after testing positive in mandatory pre-flight checks.Tiley said there were no plans to delay the Australian Open any further — it’s already starting three weeks later than usual — although organizers were reviewing the schedule for the warmup tournaments starting Feb. 1 to find ways to make it easier for those players in strict quarantine to prepare.Tickets are on sale for the tournament, although the crowd capacity at Melbourne Park will be limited.Australia’s international borders are basically closed to travelers, although there are exemptions in special circumstances.,Each of Australia’s states and territories has its own border and quarantine rules, and those can change on very short notice.Victoria state, which has as its capital Melbourne, accounted for 810 of Australia’s 909 deaths from COVID-19, most of those during a deadly second wave three months ago which resulted in curfews and lockdowns for the city.Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams are among a group of players involved in an exhibition event in Adelaide, South Australia state, on Jan. 29.

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced upcoming host cities for its annual pop culture extravaganza, WrestleMania, from 2021-23.,“On behalf of everyone at WWE, we thank Governor DeSantis, Mayor Castor, Mayor Williams and Mayor Butts for their graciousness and flexibility in what was a collaborative effort to bring the next three WrestleManias to these iconic stadiums in their world-class cities,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO.,For information on our global activities, go to All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries.,These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to: the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on our business, results of operations and financial condition; entering, maintaining and renewing major distribution agreements; a rapidly evolving media landscape; WWE Network (including the risk that we are unable to attract, retain and renew subscribers); our need to continue to develop creative and entertaining programs and events; the possibility of a decline in the popularity of our brand of sports entertainment; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent K. McMahon; possible adverse changes in the regulatory atmosphere and related private sector initiatives; the highly competitive, rapidly changing and increasingly fragmented nature of the markets in which we operate and greater financial resources or marketplace presence of many of our competitors; uncertainties associated with international markets including possible disruptions and reputational risks; our difficulty or inability to promote and conduct our live events and/or other businesses if we do not comply with applicable regulations; our dependence on our intellectual property rights, our need to protect those rights, and the risks of our infringement of others’ intellectual property rights; the complexity of our rights agreements across distribution mechanisms and geographical areas; potential substantial liability in the event of accidents or injuries occurring during our physically demanding events including without limitation, claims alleging traumatic brain injury; large public events as well as travel to and from such events; our feature film business; our expansion into new or complementary businesses and/or strategic investments; our computer systems and online operations; privacy norms and regulations; a possible decline in general economic conditions and disruption in financial markets; our accounts receivable; our indebtedness including our convertible notes; litigation; our potential failure to meet market expectations for our financial performance, which could adversely affect our stock; Vincent K. McMahon exercises control over our affairs, and his interests may conflict with the holders of our Class A common stock; a substantial number of shares are eligible for sale by the McMahons and the sale, or the perception of possible sales, of those shares could lower our stock price; and the volatility of our Class A common stock.,For more information about risks and uncertainties associated with the Company’s business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of the Company’s SEC filings, including, but not limited to, our annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.

Dodgers fans will be watching every move made by fan-favorite Justin Turner over the next few weeks.,As we all anxiously wait to find out if JT will be returning to Los Angeles, everything he posts on social media will no doubt be thoroughly examined.,The interest in Justin Turner was renewed when the Yankees officially signed DJ LaMahieu to a 6-year deal on Friday.,The Ball Yard in Chatsworth is a private facility that Turner often uses to get his swings in during the offseason with the Dodgers.,The fact that he is taking swings in a local cage only adds to the intrigue of free-agency.

The injury thrust an injured Jared Goff into the game and his fate wasn't much more pleasant, at least for the most part, seeing as he was sacked twice in only a handful of plays before finally locating the big play -- by way of a 44-yard grab by wideout Cooper Kupp that could've easily been an interception instead.,Russell Wilson wasn't faring much better though, sacked three times in less than 1.5 quarters -- two of the blows being delivered by defensive lineman Donald before the Rams lost the Pro Bowler to a rib injury early in the second half.,But even without Donald, Wilson couldn't get anything going en route to an abysmal outing, while Goff ended up making the right plays at the right time.,It was a messy contest by both teams, but the Seahawks truly wet the bed -- particularly in the fourth quarter and helped mightily by an elite defensive outing by Los Angeles -- punctuated by a turnover that led to Goff hitting wide receiver Robert Woods for what would be the game-sealing 15-yard touchdown.,And even with Donald out for most of the second half, there seemed to be nothing Seattle could do to protect Wilson from being pushed, pulled, hurried and tossed around -- en route to being sacked five times and hit a total of 10 times over the course of the game.

Daniel Velasco Moreno is seen in an undated booking photo released by the Los Angeles Police Department on Jan. 15, 2021.,Authorities are seeking possible additional victims after a youth counselor was arrested Thursday in Los Angeles on suspicion of sexually assaulting a child, officials said.,Daniel Velasco Moreno is accused of the sexual assault of a minor 10 years old or younger, the Los Angeles Police Department said in a news release Friday.,Moreno was a counselor who worked with children with an absence or deficit in their attention span, language and social skills, the department said.,Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective John Eastburn at 818-832-0918, or Detective Ruben Arellano at 818-832-1167.

The operation by the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department’s Super-Spreader Task Force targeted two locations in downtown L.A. and a third venue in Mid-City, where officials say a total of 137 people were arrested.,The revelers were cited for violating county health orders amid the pandemic and released, sheriff’s officials said.,2/4 The results of the 3 operations included:

3 Locations- 400 blk of Seayton St in LA 500 blk of W Pico Bl in LA 5600 blk of Washington Bl in LA read more

Four coronavirus cases have been detected from charter flights carrying tennis players, coaches and officials to Melbourne for the Australian Open, forcing 47 players into strict hotel quarantine.,However, the players from the two affected flights — arriving from Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi — were in a strict 14-day quarantine, unable to leave their hotel rooms or practice, health authorities and tournament organizers said Saturday.,Health authorities initially said two positive COVID-19 cases — a coach and a member of the air crew — emerged from a charter flight from Los Angeles and the other positive test was a coach on the flight from Abu Dhabi.,On Sunday, Victoria state’s COVID-19 quarantine commissioner Emma Cassar told a news conference another positive test, from a member of a television broadcast team, had been returned off Los Angeles flight.,Tennis Australia confirmed there were 24 players on the flight from Los Angeles and 23 on the flight from Abu Dhabi.