• Oklahoma travels to Fort Worth for its second straight Big 12 road game as the Sooners take on TCU Tuesday night inside Schollmaier Arena.,Freshman guard Taylor Robertson ranks sixth in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.3 points per game this season and leads the conference with 62 made 3-pointers.,• The sophomore's 35 points matched the most points scored by a Big 12 player this season and are the 15th-most scored by a Sooner in a single game.,Llanusa averaged 12.6 points per game as a freshman last season, earning Big 12 All-Freshman Team and All-Big 12 Honorable mention honors.,• Oklahoma is the only Power 5 Team to have four freshmen start multiple games so far this season.
Oklahoma guard Taylor Robertson ranks first in the Big 12 with 4.21 3-pointers per game and ranks second in 3-point shooting percentage.,• Freshman guard Taylor Robertson continues to lead the country with 4.21 3-pointers per game and ranks fourth nationally with 59 made 3-pointers this season.,Freshman guard Taylor Robertson ranks fourth in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.6 points per game this season and leads the conference with 59 made 3-pointers.,The Mountaineers are averaging 75.3 points per game (ranks fourth in the Big 12) on .447 field goal (fourth), .384 3-point (second) and .747 free throw (second) shooting.,• Robertson ranks first nationally in 3-pointers per game (4.21) and fourth in 3-point field goals made (59).
• Freshman guard Taylor Robertson continues to lead the country with 4.32 3-pointers per game and ranks fourth nationally with 56 made 3-pointers this season.,Freshman guard Taylor Robertson ranks fourth in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.9 points per game this season and leads the conference with 56 made 3-pointers.,Robertson and freshman Madi Williams (13.3) rank inside the top 15 in the Big 12 in points per game.,• Llanusa averaged 12.6 points per game as a freshman last season, earning Big 12 All-Freshman Team and All-Big 12 Honorable mention honors.,• Despite fouling out midway through the fourth quarter against Texas Tech, Williams finished with a double-double for the third straight game by recording 10 points and 11 rebounds.
• Oklahoma has been attacking the glass all season and ranks second in the nation in defensive rebounding with 32.0 defensive boards per game.,• OU has won 20 of its last 22 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 22 of its last 24 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• OU has won 28 of its last 58 games against teams ranked in the AP Top 25, but is 0-3 against ranked teams this season (all three games were away from home).,• With Kansas State coming to town on Wednesday, this two game stretch is the first time this season OU plays back-to-back games at Lloyd Noble Center.,• OU opponents have shot under 32 percent in five games this season.
• Tuesday’s matchup is already OU’s fifth road game of the season (most in the Big 12).,• OU has won 20 of its last 22 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 22 of its last 24 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,As the first player to lead the country in scoring and assists, Young drove the Sooners offense to score 84.9 points per game – the fifth most of any team last season and the eighth most in program history.,• OU has held its opponent to 60 or fewer points in four games.,• OU opponents have shot under 32 percent in five games this season.
OU students will be admitted free with a valid school I.D.
• Oklahoma begins its 23rd season of Big 12 play as it hosts Texas Tech at Lloyd Noble Center on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. CT.,Texas Tech's Chrislyn Carr is averaging 20.1 points per game, which leads all freshmen in Division I, while OU's Taylor Robertson ranks second among freshmen nationally with 18.5 points per contest.,Freshman guard Taylor Robertson ranks third in the Big 12 in scoring with 18.5 points per game this season and leads the conference with 51 made 3-pointers.,• Pellington has scored in double figures in 10 of OU's 11 games this season, ranking eighth in the Big 12 with 16.9 points per game.,• In OU's season opener, Tatum Veitenheimer and Madi Williams became the first pair of OU freshmen to start the first game of the regular season in the Sherri Coale era.
NORMAN - The University of Oklahoma will offer a Spanish language television broadcast of the Sooners' men's basketball game against Oklahoma State on Saturday, Jan. 5.,In addition to the primary Bedlam broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest (tips at 1 p.m. CT in Norman), OU will produce a second live version with Spanish audio and graphics on Fox Sports Oklahoma Plus.,Oklahoma City Thunder Spanish radio broadcaster Eleno Ornelas will call the action alongside OU basketball alum Eduardo Najera.,OU is in its second season of offering Spanish radio broadcasts for all football games.,In addition to calling the Spanish radio broadcast for every Thunder home game since the team’s inaugural season in 2008, Ornelas has been the Spanish voice of the Texas Rangers since 1998.
Fenves reached an agreement with TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte to become the new vice president for intercollegiate athletics at UT, two sources told the American-Statesman on Saturday.,Del Conte, 49, will have final oversight of men’s and women’s athletics at Texas.,Five TCU coaches have won national coach of the year honors, and the football, baseball and men’s tennis teams have won Big 12 titles.,Del Conte was at Rice at the same time current UT football coach Tom Herman and baseball coach David Pierce were there as assistants, so he’s already familiar with some Texas coaches.,The post ‘The ultimate opportunity’: TCU’s Chris Del Conte leaving Fort Worth to lead Texas athletics appeared first on Hook on Bevo Beat is free and unlimited.