• OU has three players ranked in the top 10 in rebounding in the Big 12: Christian James (sixth, 7.3), Brady Manek (eighth, 6.7) and Kristian Doolittle (10th, 6.3).,• James failed to record a double-double in his first 104 collegiate games, but has produced at least 10 points and 10 rebounds in six of his 14 games since.,• James failed to produce a double-double in his first 104 collegiate games but has produced at least 10 points and 10 boards in six of the 13 games since.,• With an average of 16.3 points per game, James is fourth in the Big 12 scoring race.,• By scoring 20 points on Jan. 16 against Kansas State, James became the 45th Sooner to eclipse 1,000 points in an Oklahoma uniform (eighth in the Lon Kruger era).
• The Sooners snapped ISU winning streak last year in Norman with a 21-point victory to close the regular season
• Oklahoma is the only school in the country with a win over a team from every major conference (Power Five + Big East).,• OU has three players ranked in the top 10 in rebounding in the Big 12: Christian James (sixth, 7.1), Kristian Doolittle (eighth, 6.6) and Brady Manek (ninth, 6.5).,• Oklahoma’s opponents are averaging 32.0 points in the first half.,• Graduate guard Miles Reynolds continues to make the most of his lone season with the Sooners, earning Big 12 Newcomer of the Week for games played Dec. 17-25.,Reynolds averaged 12.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in Oklahoma’s two most recent wins (Creighton and at Northwestern) to earn the honor for the first time
• Oklahoma men's basketball is offering a variety of promotions and incentives for OU students the remainder of the Sooners' home season.,• As part of Suits and Sneakers Week (Jan. 21-27), the Oklahoma coaching staff will join coaches around the country in wearing sneakers (all-white Air Jordan 1 Mids) during the game to raise awareness about the American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer.,• Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger was named council chair of Coaches vs. Cancer this past fall and has been a member of the Coaches vs. Cancer Council since 2007.,• Oklahoma has won 21 of its last 24 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 23 of its last 26 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• The Sooners have won 135 of their last 142 non-conference games in Norman and are 43-4 at LNC against non-conference opponents under Kruger.
In singles action, OU got wins on courts four, five and six to capture the match.,On court five, Izquierdo gave up just two games in his first singles match for OU, defeating Mease 6-2, 6-0.,Also in his OU debut, freshman Matt Rodriguez clinched the match for the Sooners at the No. 6 line, 6-1, 6-4.,When the match was abandoned, Van Emburgh led Campbell 2-0 in the second set on court one.,Izquierdo completed the sweep for OU when he held on to defeat Omaha’s Nathan Reekie on court four, 7-6 (4), 7-5, good for his second win of the day.
• Oklahoma has been attacking the glass all season and ranks second in the nation in defensive rebounding with 32.0 defensive boards per game.,• OU has won 20 of its last 22 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 22 of its last 24 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• OU has won 28 of its last 58 games against teams ranked in the AP Top 25, but is 0-3 against ranked teams this season (all three games were away from home).,• With Kansas State coming to town on Wednesday, this two game stretch is the first time this season OU plays back-to-back games at Lloyd Noble Center.,• OU opponents have shot under 32 percent in five games this season.
• Tuesday’s matchup is already OU’s fifth road game of the season (most in the Big 12).,• OU has won 20 of its last 22 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 22 of its last 24 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,As the first player to lead the country in scoring and assists, Young drove the Sooners offense to score 84.9 points per game – the fifth most of any team last season and the eighth most in program history.,• OU has held its opponent to 60 or fewer points in four games.,• OU opponents have shot under 32 percent in five games this season.
The 237th Bedlam meeting will tip at 1 p.m. CT in OU’s first Saturday home game of the season.,• OU has won 19 of its last 21 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 21 of its last 23 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• Saturday’s matchup is just OU’s fourth game at Lloyd Noble Center this season.,• Oklahoma averages 35.8 paint points per game and is averaging 41.0 paint points over its last four games.,• Oklahoma is 8-2 in games away from Norman this season (includes “home” victories in OKC and Tulsa).
Playing its first game as a ranked team this season, No. 23 Oklahoma owns eight wins away from Norman while facing the second toughest strength of schedule according to the NCAA NET Rankings.,• Oklahoma is off to its fourth start of 11-1 (or better) during Kruger’s eight seasons as head coach (also third in the last four seasons).,• Oklahoma is 8-1 in games away from Norman this season (includes “home” victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• Oklahoma averages 34.6 paint points per game and is averaging 44.0 paint points over its last three games.,• Oklahoma has won 19 of its last 21 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 21 of its last 23 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).
NORMAN – Oklahoma graduate guard Miles Reynolds was named the Big 12 Co-Newcomer of the Week on Wednesday for games played Dec. 17-25.,Earning the honor for the first time in his career, Reynolds averaged 12.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in a pair of Oklahoma wins.,In his lone year with the Sooners as a graduate transfer, Reynolds is Oklahoma's second-leading scorer with season averages of 10.9 points, 2.9 rebound and 1.3 assists.,Oklahoma and Gonzaga are the only schools with wins over five different major conferences during non-conference play.,OU, Gonzaga and Kansas are also the only programs with at least five wins over major conference teams in non-league play.