• OU has three players ranked in the top 10 in rebounding in the Big 12: Christian James (sixth, 7.3), Brady Manek (eighth, 6.7) and Kristian Doolittle (10th, 6.3).,• James failed to record a double-double in his first 104 collegiate games, but has produced at least 10 points and 10 rebounds in six of his 14 games since.,• James failed to produce a double-double in his first 104 collegiate games but has produced at least 10 points and 10 boards in six of the 13 games since.,• With an average of 16.3 points per game, James is fourth in the Big 12 scoring race.,• By scoring 20 points on Jan. 16 against Kansas State, James became the 45th Sooner to eclipse 1,000 points in an Oklahoma uniform (eighth in the Lon Kruger era).
• The Sooners snapped ISU winning streak last year in Norman with a 21-point victory to close the regular season
• Oklahoma is the only school in the country with a win over a team from every major conference (Power Five + Big East).,• OU has three players ranked in the top 10 in rebounding in the Big 12: Christian James (sixth, 7.1), Kristian Doolittle (eighth, 6.6) and Brady Manek (ninth, 6.5).,• Oklahoma’s opponents are averaging 32.0 points in the first half.,• Graduate guard Miles Reynolds continues to make the most of his lone season with the Sooners, earning Big 12 Newcomer of the Week for games played Dec. 17-25.,Reynolds averaged 12.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in Oklahoma’s two most recent wins (Creighton and at Northwestern) to earn the honor for the first time
• Oklahoma men's basketball is offering a variety of promotions and incentives for OU students the remainder of the Sooners' home season.,• As part of Suits and Sneakers Week (Jan. 21-27), the Oklahoma coaching staff will join coaches around the country in wearing sneakers (all-white Air Jordan 1 Mids) during the game to raise awareness about the American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer.,• Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger was named council chair of Coaches vs. Cancer this past fall and has been a member of the Coaches vs. Cancer Council since 2007.,• Oklahoma has won 21 of its last 24 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 23 of its last 26 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• The Sooners have won 135 of their last 142 non-conference games in Norman and are 43-4 at LNC against non-conference opponents under Kruger.
• Oklahoma has been attacking the glass all season and ranks second in the nation in defensive rebounding with 32.0 defensive boards per game.,• OU has won 20 of its last 22 games inside Lloyd Noble Center and 22 of its last 24 “home” games (includes victories in OKC and Tulsa).,• OU has won 28 of its last 58 games against teams ranked in the AP Top 25, but is 0-3 against ranked teams this season (all three games were away from home).,• With Kansas State coming to town on Wednesday, this two game stretch is the first time this season OU plays back-to-back games at Lloyd Noble Center.,• OU opponents have shot under 32 percent in five games this season.
Sandra Sanford transferred to UConn for the start of the 1994 season, after spending the first two years of her collegiate career at C.W. Post/Long Island University where she played both field hockey and softball., Sanford served as a co-captain in her senior season at UConn and did not disappoint, as she was selected NSCA All-Northeast Region First Team as a designated player., Since graduation, Sanford’s career was as a social worker and then head softball coach at Allegheny College in Meadville, Pa., For the last 24 years, she has been with her partner, Jennifer Wardwell – a 1997 UConn graduate and former Husky softball player., I am now a wife and the full-time mom of an awesome seven-year old daughter (Tessie) after a career as a social worker and then as the head softball coach at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA.