The number of players in hard quarantine swelled to 72 ahead of the Australian Open after a fifth positive coronavirus test was returned from the charter flights bringing players, coaches, officials and media to Melbourne for the season-opening tennis major.,Australian Open organizers confirmed late Sunday that the latest case involved a passenger on the flight from Doha, Qatar to Melbourne who was not a member of the playing contingent, But all 58 passengers, including the 25 players, now cannot leave their hotel rooms for 14 days.,There were already 47 players, including Grand Slam winners, in hard quarantine after three positive tests were returned from a charter flight that arrived from Los Angeles and one on a flight that departed Abu Dhabi.,Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley said organizers and players were forewarned there’d be a “significant risk” of exta restrictions being imposed if there were positive COVID-19 cases.,Tiley said there were no plans to delay the Australian Open any further — it’s already starting three weeks later than usual — although organizers were reviewing the schedule for the warmup tournaments starting Feb. 1 to find ways to make it easier for those players in strict quarantine to prepare.

A further 25 tennis players were forced into quarantine in Australia ahead of the season’s first tennis major after another positive coronavirus test on a charter flight, taking the total number of competitors isolating in hotel rooms to 72 on Sunday.The positive test came from a passenger who was not a member of the playing contingent, Australian Open organizers said.,But all 58 passengers, including the 25 players on the flight from Doha, Qatar that arrived in Melbourne on Saturday, now cannot leave their hotel rooms for two weeks.Organizers had previously announced that 47 players had to quarantine after four COVID-19 cases emerged from two other charter flights bringing players, staff, officials and media to Australia.Some players have expressed anger at being classified as close contacts merely for being on board those flights with people who later tested positive and, therefore, forced into a harsher quarantine than the broader group of players who’ll be allowed out of their rooms to practice for up to five hours per day.But local health authorities have said all players were warned of the risks in advance.,Those were among 17 charter flights from seven international destinations bringing up to 1,200 players, coaches, staff and officials into Australia for the tournament.Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley said organizers and players were forewarned there’d be a “significant risk” of restrictions being imposed on players if there were positive COVID-19 cases.,She posted the notification that she and others who were on the flight received informing them of the quarantine.Being unable to leave their room would mean the only workouts they’d be able to have would be on exercise equipment left in the rooms of all of the players.Other players will be allowed to train under strict conditions and with supervision, although those practice sessions in Melbourne had been delayed while health authorities waited to receive all the coronavirus tests.Five-time Australian Open finalist Andy Murray and American Madison Keys haven’t traveled to Australia after testing positive in mandatory pre-flight checks.Tiley said there were no plans to delay the Australian Open any further — it’s already starting three weeks later than usual — although organizers were reviewing the schedule for the warmup tournaments starting Feb. 1 to find ways to make it easier for those players in strict quarantine to prepare.Tickets are on sale for the tournament, although the crowd capacity at Melbourne Park will be limited.Australia’s international borders are basically closed to travelers, although there are exemptions in special circumstances.,Each of Australia’s states and territories has its own border and quarantine rules, and those can change on very short notice.Victoria state, which has as its capital Melbourne, accounted for 810 of Australia’s 909 deaths from COVID-19, most of those during a deadly second wave three months ago which resulted in curfews and lockdowns for the city.Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams are among a group of players involved in an exhibition event in Adelaide, South Australia state, on Jan. 29.

Senior Master Sgt. Michael Lear, AFRS Strategic Marketing Division superintendent, and Master Sgt. Daniel Bedford, AFRS National Events program manager, began working together in 2019.,“I was first introduced to ‘Coach Dan’ (Bedford) through Chief Master Sgt. Michael Johnson (AFRS Chief Strategic Marketing Division superintendent),” Lear said.,Bedford served in the U.S Marine Corps before joining the Air Force Reserve and has a master’s degree in sports psychology, but it was Lear who used his instincts to help Bedford get back in the gym.,“Master Sgt. Bedford’s background in sports psychology is exactly what I needed as I age and require a different training perspective,” Lear said.,Since recovering from his car wreck with the help of Lear as his training partner, Bedford has won the USPA (United State Powerlifting Association) Texas State Bench Press Champion 2020 and the USPA Military National Bench Press Championship.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES–Agreed to terms with INFs Maikol Hernandez, Grabiel Salazar, Carlos Rodriguez Eruviel Castillo, Victor Celedonio, Anderson De La Santos and Angel Tejada and INF/OF Trey Mancini, OFs Wilmer Feliciano, Hector Jimenez, Teudis Cortorreal and Angel Pena and LHPs Deivy Cruz and Elvis Polanco and Cs Yasmil Bucce, Aneudis Mordan and Samuel Basallo on one-year minor league contracts.,OAKLAND ATHLETICS–Agreed to terms with LHPs Sullivan Ribeiro de Almeida and Sean Manaea, OFs Mark Canha, Pedro Pineda, Angel Arvalo and Beyker Martinez, INFs German Ortiz, Matt Chapman, Dayker Baldallo, Ray Garrett and Anderson Machado, RHPs Maosis Hernandez, Jesus Perdigon and Jimmy Rojas, Cs Javier Pariguan, Chris Bassitt, Franke Montas and Lou Trivino on one-year minor league contracts.,LOS ANGELES DODGERS–Agreed to terms with RHPs Dailoui Abad, Miguel Bastardo, Brian Diaz, Jhonny Jimenez, Maximo Martinez, Kelvin Ramirez, Christian Romero, Pedro Santillan, Missael Soto and Michael Vilchez, OFs Juan Alonso and Issac Barreto, Cs Carlos Avila, Jesus Galiz and Thayron Liranzo, INFs Elio Campos, Wilman Diaz and Luis Guerra and LHPs Jorge Carpintero and Sebstian Jimenez on one-year minor league contracts.,PITTSBURGH PIRATES–Agreed to terms with OF Ruben Bizcaya, LHP Antwone Kelly, RHPs Jose Garces, Jesus Clode, Darlin Diaz, Luigi Hernandez and Andres Sierra, OFs Rodolfo de la Cruz, Shalin Polanco, Eddy Rodriguez and Esmerlyn Valdez, INFs Rubel Lebron, Wesley Zapata and John Zorilla, C Miguel Sosa on one-year minor league contracts.,Agreed to terms with INFs Adari Grant, Elias Reynoao, Samil De La Rosa, Anyelo Encarnacion, Yancel Guerrero and Marcelo Perez, C Leonardo Bernal, OFs Carlos Carmona, Christian Avendano, Robelin Lopez, Romtres Cabrera and Jose Suarez and RHPs Esteban Contreras, Carlos De La Cruz and Samuel Fabian on one-year minor league contracts.

A Calimesa man has been arrested in connection with a brush fire in Riverside County that killed two people and destroyed dozens of homes in 2019, authorities said.,Antonio Ornelas-Velazquez, 38, was arrested Saturday and charged with involuntary manslaughter and unlawfully causing a fire resulting in great bodily injury, according to a spokesperson with the Riverside County district attorney’s office.,After posting $75,000 bond, Ornelas-Velazquez was released Sunday, according to jail records.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dodgers star Cody Bellinger agreed to a $16.1 million, one-year contract Friday with the World Series champions that avoided salary arbitration.,The Los Angeles outfielder and first baseman was the 2019 NL MVP and 2017 NL Rookie of the Year.,He hit a career-low .239 with 12 homers and 30 RBIs in the shortened season, down from a .305 average with 47 homers and 115 RBIs, all career bests.,He slumped to a .136 average (3 for 22) with one homer and three RBIs in the World Series against Tampa Bay as the Dodgers won their first title since 1988.,A two-time-All Star, Bellinger earned $4,259,259 in prorated pay last year from an $11.5 million salary.

The UConn women’s basketball team is adding a player into the mix much earlier than expected.Class of 2021 recruit Saylor Poffenbarger, who signed with UConn in November, has finished high school and will be traveling to Storrs this weekend.,She will be able to practice and eligible to play in games with the No. 4 Huskies following a medical quarantine.The Frederick News-Post initially reported the news Friday morning before the school officially announced it later in the day.Storrs, CT - 2/3/20 - Saylor Poffenbarger, left, and Caroline Ducharme watch the UConn women fall to Oregon on Feb. 3, 2020 at Gampel Pavilion.,Poffenbarger, a guard in the Class of 2021, had already committed at the time of the game, while Ducharme, a guard/forward in the same class, announced in April that she will attend UConn.,But as the chances of playing her senior season at Middletown High became less likely, and the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility for all college athletes this year, Poffenbarger decided now was the time to start her next chapter.With several COVID-19 metrics at an all-time high locally, the Frederick County Public School system suspended winter sport practices earlier this month and has delayed implementing its hybrid learning model.Poffenbarger isn’t the only early enrollee on the women’s basketball scene this season.,’”The Huskies’ roster now includes seven freshmen and 12 players overall.Poffenbarger’s fellow 2021 signees Fudd and Caroline Ducharme will be finishing the school year at their respective high schools, they told The Courant, while Amari DeBerry has not shared her plans as of now.The Big East announced another game postponement Friday afternoon: UConn will not longer play Providence on Jan. 26, as the Friars have extended their pause in play due to additional COVID-19 related issues.

Download Exclusive Sample Report (350 Pages PDF with All Related Graphs & Charts) @ major players covered in the pernicious anemia testing market report are AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Siemens Healthcare Private Limited , Pfizer, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., BBI Group, Monobind, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Medline Industries, Inc., Cleveland HeartLab, Inc., Trinity Biotech PLC, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), Laboratory Corporation of America, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Emisphere Technologies, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, Sanofi, The Synergy Company, Endo International plc, Merck KGaA and PHARMACOSMOS A/S among other domestic and global players.,This pernicious anemia testing market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market.,To gain more info on pernicious anemia testing market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.,For More Insights Get FREE Detailed TOC @ Anemia Testing Market Country Level Analysis

Pernicious anemia testing market is analyzed and market size insights and trends are provided by country, diagnosis test, route of administration, test type and end user as referenced above.,Healthcare Infrastructure growth Installed base and New Technology Penetration read more

As perhaps the most anticipated season in NCAA history approaches, we’re featuring every team ranked in the Nike/US Lacrosse Preseason Top 20.,While the COVID-19 pandemic cut short the 2020 NCAA men’s lacrosse season and left a lot of teams hungry, there may not be a team more ready to capture that unfinished business than the 2021 Lehigh men’s lacrosse team.,“For the past couple of years, our main goal has been to capture that Patriot League championship, and we’ve come up short twice,” fifth-year faceoff “The motivation comes mostly from that, especially since the prospect of this season could be the Patriot League only.,For the four fifth-years who decided to come back after the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility to all spring athletes after the 2020 season was canceled, they have a lot riding on this upcoming year — with only more chance to capture that title.,Due to the amount of positive COVID-19 cases on Lehigh’s campus in the fall, the team only had one official practice together and three weeks of skill sessions.

WASHINGTON — Potential threats and leads are pouring in to law enforcement agencies nationwide after the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.,Investigators are combing through a mountain of online posts, street surveillance and other intelligence, including information that suggests mobs could try to storm the Capitol again and threats to kill some members of Congress.,A day before the deadly attack on the Capitol, the FBI sent an intelligence bulletin warning of potential violence to other agencies, including the Capitol Police.,Mike Koval, who retired in 2019 as the police chief in Madison, Wisconsin, said his state’s two fusion centers have technology and resources that go far beyond those of a single local police department.,That could be why Capitol police were so unprepared, compared with the much more aggressive law enforcement response to last summer’s protests following the death of George Floyd and other Black men killed by law enforcement.